Some Wonderful Book News!

The Reader by Charles Baugniet, n.d.

September is my birthday month, and this year I received a fantastic gift—a three-book deal with Berkley! Berkley is an imprint of Penguin Random House, and the home of some of my favorite authors, including superstars like Amanda Quick, Deanna Raybourn, and Mary Balogh. I’m so honored to join the Berkley family.

This all happened rather quickly earlier this month. I’ve been bursting with excitement ever since. There aren’t many publishers I would trust with one of my novels, but Sarah Blumenstock, my new editor at Berkley, really understood my story and was as excited about it as I am.

Now that the official announcement has been released in Publishers Marketplace, I can finally share the news!

When the offer came, my parents picked up a lemon cointreau cake from our local bakery, opened a split of champagne, and helped me celebrate what may be the best pre-birthday present I’ve ever received.

The Siren of Sussex is the story of Ahmad Malik, an Anglo-Indian tailor and habitmaker in 1860s London, and Evelyn Maltravers, the bold, bluestocking equestrienne who becomes his love and his muse. It contains all of my favorite Victorian things—fashion, romance, history, and horses. It will even have a familiar character or two. In fact, you may remember Ahmad from my Parish Orphans of Devon series. I always planned for him to be the hero of his own story. The Siren of Sussex will be out in Spring 2022.

A Library Journal Best Romance of 2020

ON SALE THIS WEEK ONLY 99¢

Fair as a Star
Victorian Romantics, Book One

England, 1864. After a mysterious sojourn in Paris, Beryl Burnham has returned home to the village of Shepton Worthy ready to resume the life she left behind. Betrothed to the wealthy Sir Henry Rivenhall, she has no reason to be unhappy–or so people keep reminding her. But Beryl’s life isn’t as perfect as everyone believes.
Find out more or Read an excerpt

Order Today
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play

Praise for Fair as a Star

“A moving friends-to-lovers Victorian romance that stands out for its sensitive portrayal of a heroine living with depression…Historical romance fans won’t want to miss this.”Publishers Weekly, STARRED review

“A kindhearted love story that will delight anyone who longs to be loved without limits. Highly recommended..” Library Journal, STARRED review

“A romance that is built on empathy and trust…the author deftly addresses the importance of bringing mental health treatments out of the shadows.” Kirkus Reviews

If you love historical romance, you’ll love this book.” The Herald-Dispatch

“Mimi Matthews’ best book yet….An amazing, inspiring, heartwarming read.” -Jane Porter, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author

You can also connect with Mimi on Facebook and Twitter.

Anne
Anne
3 months ago

AWESOME!!!😍 Congratulations! Well deserved!

Penelope Redmont
Penelope Redmont
3 months ago

That’s wonderful. Many congratulations. I can’t wait to read the books–I’m certain they’ll be amazing. :-)

Regina M
Regina M
3 months ago

This is fabulous news! Another Mimi Matthews romance to look forward to. Yes, I’m marking my spreadsheet…

Carole in Canada
Carole in Canada
3 months ago

CONGRATULATIONS! A wonderful gift for a gifted author! Looking forward to Ahmad’s story. In the meantime, I have some catching up to do on your books sitting in my Kindle!

Margaret
Margaret
3 months ago

Congratulations! Can’t wait to be able to pre-order!

Anne Gracie
Anne Gracie

Congratulations, Mimi and welcome to the Berkley group. *g*

Kat H.
Kat H.
3 months ago

Congrats! They’re one of my favorite publishers. They are lucky to have you, and I can’t wait to read your next books!

Virginia Campbell
Virginia Campbell

Congratulations!!!

Indra
Indra

Congratulations

Debbie Johansson
Debbie Johansson
3 months ago

Congratulations Mimi, this is wonderful news! What a terrific birthday present, and a beautiful looking cake too. Enjoy your celebrations and happy birthday! I look forward to reading it when it comes out. :-)

Katie Donovan
Katie Donovan
3 months ago

What wonderful news! And well deserved. :-)

Jennie Goutet
Jennie Goutet
3 months ago

I’m so thrilled for you, and I can’t wait to read the books. A friend of mine just released with Berkley, and I get the excitement for this particular imprint. Perhaps it’s because Penguin is where I’ve always gotten my classics. :-) (As an aside, gorgeous cake and happy pre-birthday).

Sarah
Sarah
3 months ago

This is amazing!!!! So happy for you, Mimi. Congrats!!

Dana Michael
Dana Michael
3 months ago

Congratulations Mimi!! I’m so happy for you and Happy Birthday!! I can’t wait until 2022!!

Donna
Donna
3 months ago

That is amazing! Congratulations and Happy Birthday! I love when secondary characters get their own story. I loved the Parish Orphans series and look forward to reading this story.

Jean
Jean
3 months ago

That is wonderful news! Looking forward to many more of your books 📚

Mel
Mel
3 months ago

Congrats, Mimi!! That’s such great news, I can’t wait to read The Siren of Sussex!

BTW Is that a La Gateau cake I’m seeing? I always buy from them on special occasions, they’re the best. It’s 45 mins by car for me, but sooo worth it!

Nicole Santana
Nicole Santana
3 months ago

Congratulations!!! The Siren of Sussex sounds intriguing. And, happy belated birthday. 🎉🎉🎉

Santa Byrnes
Santa Byrnes
3 months ago

Fantastic news! And happy belated birthday!

Mary T
Mary T
3 months ago

I recently discovered your books. I have read three now. By the second one I knew you would be joining my favorites. So happy for your good news. Looking forward to reading many more of your works.

rae
rae

Fantastic, well deserved news! Congratulations :) x

Christine
Christine
3 months ago

What excellent news! Can’t wait to get my hands on that first book! I’ll be first in line! A big congratulations!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!