An Anniversary and a Milestone

Dear Readers,

This month marks two years since my debut Victorian romance The Lost Letter was released in September 2017. Since then, I’ve released five more historical romance novels. I learned this week that, altogether, those six novels have sold more than 110,000 eBook copies!!

*Note: That figure doesn’t include audiobooks, paperbacks, Kindle Unlimited page reads, or non-fiction book sales. It’s just pure historical romance eBook sales.

I know there are many authors who have sold more books, and quicker, but for me, this is a huge milestone. I’m so very humbled, and so very grateful to all of you, my readers, for sticking with me on this journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope that, going forward, I’ll continue to write stories you will all enjoy reading.

COMING SOON
One of BookBub’s “25 of the Best Books Arriving in 2021”

John Eyre
A Tale of Darkness and Shadow

From USA Today bestselling author Mimi Matthews comes a supernatural Victorian gothic retelling of Charlotte Brontë’s timeless classic.

Yorkshire, 1843. When disgraced former schoolmaster John Eyre arrives at Thornfield Hall to take up a position as tutor to two peculiar young boys, he enters a world unlike any he’s ever known. Darkness abounds, punctuated by odd bumps in the night, strange creatures on the moor, and a sinister silver mist that never seems to dissipate. And at the center of it all, John’s new employer–a widow as alluring as she is mysterious.

Sixteen months earlier, heiress Bertha Mason embarked on the journey of a lifetime. Marriage wasn’t on her itinerary, but on meeting the enigmatic Edward Rochester, she’s powerless to resist his preternatural charm. In letters and journal entries, she records the story of their rapidly-disintegrating life together, and of her gradual realization that Mr. Rochester isn’t quite the man he appears to be. In fact, he may not be a man at all.

From a cliff-top fortress on the Black Sea coast to an isolated estate in rural England, John and Bertha contend with secrets, danger, and the eternal struggle between light and darkness. Can they help each other vanquish the demons of the past? Or are some evils simply too powerful to conquer?

Find out more or Read an Excerpt

Pre-Order Today

ebook: $3.99 $4,99

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple

Advance Praise for John Eyre

“In this thrilling remix of Charlotte Brontë’s work, Matthews skillfully transforms a well-known story into a truly original tale.” -Kirkus Reviews

“[Matthews] retells Charlotte Bronte’s classic story in a way that will keep fans of the original novel totally gripped from cover to cover… Fresh and dynamic… Fast-paced and spellbinding…a book you will have a hard time putting down.” -Readers Favorite

“One of the most moving, suspenseful, innovative and remarkable retellings of a classic in the history of, well, ever… Every page is sheer rapture as [Matthews] moulds popular source material into a spell-binding creation so wholly her own.” -Rachel McMillan, bestselling author of The London Restoration

You can also connect with Mimi on Facebook and Twitter.

Sarah Waldock
Sarah Waldock

Congratulations

Lucy Paquette
Lucy Paquette
1 year ago

Mimi, congratulations! I’m very happy for you!

Victoria Ferrera
Victoria Ferrera
1 year ago

Congratulations! I’ve enjoyed them all!

Jenny Haddon
Jenny Haddon
1 year ago

Many congratulations, very well-deserved. I love your books and am much looking forward to reading the new one.

Vickie
Vickie
1 year ago

Congratulations Mimi on this accomplishment. Each of your books were beautifully written

C. Lee
C. Lee
1 year ago

This is an awesome accomplishment! Looking forward to everything you write, because you are so talented the characters you create really live and breathe. Thanks for the hours of great reading!

Erica
Erica
1 year ago

Well done Mimi 😙 I have loved your books and check regularley for any new ones. You’re up there with my other top go to authors.

Gina Henderson
Gina Henderson
1 year ago

Congratulations to you! I enjoy your books very much and hope you continue to write many more!

Anne
Anne
1 year ago

Congratulations,Mimi! As far as I’m concerned, you shot out of a cannon and are still streaking for the stratosphere! 🚀 Six successful novels in 2 years? Just writing that much is amazing. Plus all those sales!😳 There’s many who like paper back and many who like listening to books. The e-sales are but a fraction. You made a name for yourself from the get go! You rock!😁😍😄

Patti
Patti
1 year ago

Congratulations! I recommend your books whenever I have the opportunity. Both of my daughters and my mom are fans, as well. Thanks for writing such beautiful, interesting, and detailed stories.

Diaane
Diaane
1 year ago

All your books are on my re-read shelf. Can hardly wait for the new Orphans of the S
Storm.

Lydia
Lydia

Congratulations! How exciting.

Suzannah Clark
Suzannah Clark
1 year ago

congratulations Mimi! You are such a talented author. I am so lucky to have discovered your work. May this next year be even better than the last.

Elaine Jeremiah
Elaine Jeremiah
1 year ago

That’s amazing! Congratulations. Clearly your hard work has paid off.

Carole in Canada
Carole in Canada
1 year ago

Congratulations and thank you for the many hours of sheer bliss!

Jo Turner
Jo Turner

How exciting… must be SO gratifying… massive congratulations, Mimi! XX

desiree call
desiree call
1 year ago

Congratulations! This is something to celebrate for sure. I’m so glad you have plans to continue to write. You know how to draw in a reader from the first few pages. I’ve loved every book.

Joyce
Joyce
1 year ago

I really enjoy your books!

Vânia Carvalho
Vânia Carvalho

Congratulations! 😊
I haven’t read all the books yet, but I loved the ones I’ve read so far!
Thank you so much for the wonderful stories that stayed in my heart long after I read them!

wendy Robinson
wendy Robinson
1 year ago

That is truly wonderful. Best wishes to you